Cheap Yellow Display (CYD) is the integration of ESP32 and 2.8" touchscreen display with extended I/O pins and a MicroSD card slot.
Core Hardware Specs
·
Microcontroller: ESP32-WROOM-32 (Dual-core 240
MHz, 520 KB SRAM, 4 MB Flash).
· Connectivity: Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
· Display: 2.8-inch resistive touchscreen with 320 × 240 px resolution (ILI9341 display driver, XPT2046 touch controller).
· Expansion: MicroSD card slot for external storage, plus a few breakout headers for sensors (e.g., DHT11) and extra GPIO pins.
· Power: 5V operating voltage via micro-USB or type-C
· Connectivity: Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
· Display: 2.8-inch resistive touchscreen with 320 × 240 px resolution (ILI9341 display driver, XPT2046 touch controller).
· Expansion: MicroSD card slot for external storage, plus a few breakout headers for sensors (e.g., DHT11) and extra GPIO pins.
· Power: 5V operating voltage via micro-USB or type-C
Buying link AliExpress link 1 AliExpress link 2
Note: There are many clones of this board, you may buy the same model(ESP32-2432S028R) as I've used here to avoid setup error.
Download Project Codes:
Weather Deck Code
1.First download and extract the arduino code from this drive link
Note: Keep the main code (CYD_weather.ino) and other .h files in the same folder.
Note: Keep the main code (CYD_weather.ino) and other .h files in the same folder.
2.Install ESP32 board for Arduino IDE (Skip if already installed or follow this simple tutorial) ESP32 installing tutorial
3.Install libraries.
5: How to create a weather API ?
Open a free account on
https://openweathermap.org/ and get your API key.
5:You need to put this key in your arduino code.(CYD_weather.ino file after opening it with Arduino IDE software) See the image below.
Note: You must enter your timezone to get the clock correct.
Touch Control Dashboard Demo
1. If you have already setup the TFT_eSPI library by following guideline.
3. Download arduino code from drive link
If you face any problems or compiling error please feel free to email me
with relevant subject to abid.business01@gmail.com
with relevant subject to abid.business01@gmail.com



Does this code use the Touch facilities or is it display only?
ReplyDeleteBoth codes ( weather dashboard & touch demo) are given separately.
DeleteHelp. I just ordered 15 boards to make these as Christmas Presents. They are not the SP32-2432S028R Bu the SP32-2432S028 . Colors seem to be backwards/negative. Suggestions on how to fix?
ReplyDeleteI think I figured it out. In the User_Setup.h file, there were two variables I had to change. First, scroll down and find the section with the #define TFT_RGB_ORDER. Remove the two back slashes on the one that says #define TFT_RGB_ORDER TFT_BGR // Colour order Blue-Green-Red. Second, scroll down and remove the two back slashes on #define TFT_INVERSION_ON. Save the files and upload. This resolved the problem.
ReplyDeleteIf you want, I have also added the variables so exact Longitude and Latitude for your city can be put in. I found one of the cities I was trying to program was not working so added the variable to force the correct location.
ReplyDeleteOne last update. I have a laser engraver/cutter. I have created the file that will make a 5 layer enclosure, out of 3mm material, to make a case for this project. I added magnets to mine and have it mounted on the kitchen fridge. If anyone is interested I can send the file.
ReplyDelete